Sunday, August 20, 2006

First Kiss

I have been waiting to scrap these photos since last fall about my daughter’s first kiss. So when Tracey told me she was working on an autumn leaves kit, I told her to ‘hurry up’ and she complied with this bold and colorful kit. It pays to know someone who designs, lol.

Journaling:

I stepped into the garage to see Elizabeth run towards me, “Mom, Austin just kissed me! Right here!!” she exclaimed as she pointed to her lips.

It was really hard not to laugh in response. But I put on my serious face and said, “Austin, are you kissing my daughter?” And he started to skedaddle down the drive way. Then I couldn’t suppress the laughter anymore.

I later asked Elizabeth what she thought of her first kiss, and she described it with one word, “bad.”

Despite the ‘You’re too young to be kissing’ lecture, he chased her around some more while playing in the leaf piles and got in one more kiss. And then they both got the lecture again.

Austin, age 6. Elizabeth, age 5. October 2005.






















The strips of paper and leaves are all from Tracey Gilbert Monette’s (Clever Monkey Graphics) new Autumn Leaf kit (at PDW). The cream background is from her u-pick blueberry kit, the photo corners are from her artist no. 1 kit. The paint strokes are by Meredith Fenwick. I used the fringed paper template by Kristy Ann Designs and the midnight color and b/w actions by photoblast on my photos.

No comments: