Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Car Dancing

Every now and then I like to do something completely non-traditional, and here it is, for now anyway. I'm not completely sold on the design yet, so I'll probably work with it a bit more. But before I can do that I have to live with it for a while, so here it is.

Bum Dance

Journaling:

I looked in the rearview mirror to find Elizabeth dancing around in the back seat to the music of Franz Ferdinand. I asked her if she liked the music and her response was, “it makes my bum dance!” After that, every time ‘Take Me Out’ came on the radio I always knew I would Find Elizabeth doing the ‘bum dance’ in her car seat if I were to look in the rearview mirror, and I was right. Elizabeth, 5 years old.























The papers in this are from the Artist No. 2 kit by Tracey Gilbert Monette (Clever Monkey Graphics) at PDW. I blended and layered a bit (including song lyrics throughout the patterned paper), so the colors are not true to her design. I also used the images from one of the Franz Ferdinand CD covers and from one of their CDs. The tape is by IOD, the index card is from Miss Mint, and the stamped alpha is by Michelle Coleman. The staples are from Tracey’s ‘don’t be so negative’ alpha.

No comments: