Monday, February 19, 2007

Get out in the garden day!

For us President's Day means Get Out In The Garden And Work Day. We pruned all our rose bushes and Elizabeth and I got to work cleaning up the fairy garden.

This will be the summer that the fairy garden blooms! We have roses, clematis vines, hydrangea, ferns, an apple tree, snap dragons and various bulbs. I had more, but I made the mistake of buying from a mail-order catalog last year. The plants were fine, but they were small. And my sweet husband killed them thinking they were weeds, LOL. So we will buy more mature flowers to add to our garden this Spring.

We also have a fairy house made of sticks and twigs and we have three logs for seating. And various little pieces of art. And the whole area is fenced in with a picket fence, right off of the play yard. I really want an arbor over the entry, but I am having trouble convincing my husband why it's a necessity. I will paint the inside of the pickets lavender, lime and turquoise before we add more plants though, so we have some fun color year round.

Well enough about my garden, LOL.

Have you seen this new kit by Corina Nielsen, so full of spring-time fresh colors? It's called Spring Chicken, click here for this design at FPD.











And here is my layout using the kit, New Sister. Click here for full credits. These photos were taken when Rachel was one week old. So sweet!















And here is a birthday layout from Elizabeth's 6th birthday. Click here for full credits and journaling. But the page uses these wonderful frame clusters that make doing multi-pic pages so stinking easy! I love them. They are by Nancy Comelab at My Digital Muse.










And I wanted to tell you about my friend Tracey Monette who sells her designs at Scrapbook-Elements! First off, she is one of the nicest people in the world and I love being on her creative team.

Second, she is a great artist, she is always available to me for constructive criticism on my layouts. Every time she gives me a suggestion and I try it, and it always looks much better. She has a wonderful eye. Her digital creations are full of fun, color and creativity. She's very eclectic, which I love. Check out her gallery and her store.

And she is a digi designer in need of a few more people on her creative team! Here is her announcement at Digi Shop Talk for details. You should definitely check her out!

Here are a few pages I created for using Tracey's products.










8 comments:

Anonymous said...

your layouts are soo cool. Really like them all !!
gonna add your blog to my Sharpreader as inspiration !!

Shawna said...

Wonderful layouts & your garden sounds amazing too! Unfortunately I was not blessed with a green thumb so I have to admire others handiwork LOL!

Nikki said...

I'd love to see pics of your garden! Sounds really pretty!

The T said...

wow alissa - you are an aMAZING scrapper! i am in awe of each of your beautiful layouts!
your fairy garden sounds just breathtakingly awesome and i am sure your little girls will be enchanted with it! you make me have an urge to actually PLANT something this year...
oh come on hurry up SPRING!!!

off to go find your gallery to add to my faves now!

Petra said...

Oh wow, a fairy garden..that sounds so sweet!! I wish we had a garden..:)

Lovely pages here too, as always!! TFS

Have a great day!!

Micheline Martin said...

OMG i would die if i had roses here, nope just snow up to my waist :( I bet it looks wonderfull!!! awsome layouts you are very talented!

Nancy Comelab said...

Amazing pages, Alissa! Oh.. I want a Fairy Garden too! How delightful! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, how lovely, I wish I was gardening right now :) ADORABLE pages, as always ;)