Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Slumber Party (digital layout)

Some of you have seen a different version of this. I changed the journaling block, and I think this version works better.

Journaling reads:
For over a week you have been beside yourself with excitement and fear about going to your first slumber party. You have been asking everybody, “Have you been to a slumber party before? What did you do? What was it like? Can you tell me a story about it?” You even checked out books from the library about sleepovers to help prepare yourself for your new adventure. You asked me if I would stay at the party with you and when I told you that I couldn’t, you asked Daddy if he would stay with you. But I really wish that I could be there with you.

The first thing you said to me this morning was, “I’m going to miss you so much!” Well, I think I’ll miss you too.

On the way over to Calla’s house you suddenly began complaining that your head hurt. I told you to take some big deep breaths and to calm yourself down. You are going to be ok. You have known most of these girls since you were one-year old.

Upon arriving at Calla’s house you gave me a great big hug. And then you wouldn’t let go. We stood, attached, for more than 20 minutes before I convinced you to let go of me. But only with the promise that I would call you after dinner to see how it was going. You slowly stepped away from me and sat down on the couch to watch the other girls dance. When I left, you were still sitting on the couch with a look of complete fear on your face. Yes, it was hard leaving you like that, even when I knew you were going to have a ton of fun.

When I called you at 7:30pm you still sounded scared, but you were ready to stay for the night anyway. I finally went to bed at 10:00pm, wondering if we would receive a call asking us to come get you. But no call came. And let me tell you, it was hard for me to sleep too. It is really hard to go to sleep when your baby isn’t in her bed, even if you know that she is perfectly safe.

























Products used: Jen Wilson's Wild Hearts Can't Be Tamed kit . Brads from ScrapArtist's Summer Dew kit. Fonts used: alot of them.

No comments: