Wednesday, September 08, 2010

First Day of School (and a little preview)

The first day of school was yesterday, Elizabeth began fifth grade and Rachel began kindergarten. This year the school district changed things up though and the kinder kids won't be going half days five days a week, instead they go a full day two days a week plus designated Fridays. So not only did she begin kindergarten yesterday, but she went all day. I was a nervous wreck, lol.

Shaun took me to the movies and out to lunch, but the rest of the time my stomach was in a knot. (We saw Dinner for Schmucks, it was quite funny.)

But she was so excited, both girls were very excited to start school. Elizabeth was a little disappointed that her best friend wasn't in her class this year, but Rachel was lucky and her best friend is in her class. That made sending her a little easier.

When the girls arrived home they were all smiles. Elizabeth loves her teacher, apparently he is very funny.  And Rachel said it was 'very, very, super exciting'.  Her teacher stamped a little love heart on their hands and told them that was in case they got worried they would be able to hold it up to their cheeks and remember that their mommies and daddies loved them.

I asked Rachel if she had been worried at all during the day. She said that the only thing she had been worried about was me being by myself all day, lol. I was really beginning to think that she didn't miss me much during the day until after dinner she climbed up on me and held on tight and repeated over and over 'I missed you, I missed you, I missed you'.  Break my heart, I missed her too.  But I have her home with me today! :) lol

Okay, here are the girls first day of school photos:




Rachel was so funny though when I was tyring to take photos of her before school. In the first photo she was stiff as a board, so I told her to act natural.  Then  took a series of hilarious photos of her trying to act natural, lol.  I had to scrap it right away and the cute little vest she was wearing (with skulls all over it) was perfect for working with my newest products which are hitting the stores tomorrow (Fuse Paper Pack, Urban Teen Paper Pack, Rock Star elements).  Everything in the page is from the kit except the frames, those are from On The Road elements. (click to see the photos bigger)


Okay, I'm off to play with Rachel now that I have her home for the day!  :)

No comments: