Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Pan for Gold (digital)

Pan for Gold
“Elizabeth struck it rich at Old Tucson Studios.”

The gold in the bottle is the actual gold that Elizabeth found while panning for gold at the Old Tucson Studios. It was fun to be able to include it in the layout, and I am impressed with myself in being able to 'cut' it out of the photo and add it into the layout. A new technique for me. I also used Elizabeth's gold chocolate coins in the layout (scanned). She got them in her Christmas stocking, and she hasn't eaten them yet, so... lol.

One of my childhood memories is panning for gold in a little western town in Phoenix (I think it was called Rawhide or something similar). The most exciting part was that we got to take the gold home with us. So I am glad that Elizabeth now has this memory as well. And documented in her scrapbook!
























Products used: The wood fence background, Pan for Gold sign, bottles of gold and gold coins are by me. The papers are from ScrapbookGraphics. The gold is from the Bohemian kit. The balance sheets and newspapers are from the Kit and Caboodle kit. The weathered paper and screws are from the Weathered Treasures kit. (You can’t tell that I like Maya’s kits can you?) The staples are from ShabbyPincess’ Shabby Fall kit. Inked edges from ScrapArtist.

No comments: