Sunday, May 14, 2006

The Moral Is...Always Obey Your Mother

I have redone the 'stuck' page to include why that photo reminds me of myself. And then when I began adding journaling, I just kept changing things until this is what I ended up with.

Journaling reads:

“Like mother like daughter.

When I was in the second or third grade I disobeyed my mother. Just once, mind you. Instead of going inside to change out of my Sunday dress, I waited until everybody else went inside. Then instead of following them, I ran back to the tree and climbed up. All the way to my favorite branch where we kids loved to jump from. Ready, set, jump.

But I didn’t land. No, instead of landing, my dress caught on another smaller limb. And there I was, hanging from the tree by the back of my dress, which was pulled up around my waist, showing off my panties for the entire world to see.

All of my family was inside changing out of their church clothes, so I just waited. What else could I do?

And then a truck drove by. The truck stopped, backed up, the man driving it started laughing, and then he drove away.

So, the moral of this story is, always listen to your mother! Oh, and don’t climb trees (or bedposts) in dresses.”






















Products: Papers, rubons, alphas (moral) from Michelle Underwood’s Spring and She kits. Alpha (mother) from Rock and Roll kit at Scrap Girls, but I redid the letters with papers from Michelle Underwood. Girl doodle from ModScraps. Font is sexy from Digital Design Essentials. I think that is everything…

No comments: